It doesn't happen to you, you happen to life

Friday, April 11, 2008

Spice Girls & San Francisco

This blog was intended for posting about my international adventures, but from time-to-time I write about domestic locations -- I might prefer traveling abroad but I'm not opposed to venturing about in my own country O:-)

First, I've been a complete slacker about reviewing a concert I went to a month and a half ago! Now, there were some people who made judgements about my attending the Spice Girls concert in DC (you know you who are!! ;-), but I negotiated a shorter day at work and met Dan for dinner in Centreville. I shall keep my comments relatively brief to avoid losing my small and faithful readership:

1) I had never seen more glitter and sequins in one single place in my entire life.
2) Nearly everyone at the show danced the entire time, and I almost felt out of place not waving my arms about and shaking my hips.
3) Emma, Victoria, and Geri all looked so much older than they used to, and both Mels seemed to have retained their youth.
4) Mel C was the best dancer.
5) Disregarding some of her craziest antics, Mel B was my favorite overall performer.
6) With Victoria's move to the states, the crowd went nuts every time she sang or spoke, and she was the clear crowd favorite.

I stayed in DC for another couple of days, and went to the Spy and Air & Space Museums with Dan. And perhaps the best part of all -- I enjoyed several meals at my new favorite restaurant in the world. Delia's Pizza in Springfield is ♥.

Fast forward a month and a half to my trip to San Francisco last week. I flew from the tiny Charlottesville airport to San Fran on April Fool's Day and was thankful the flight wasn't one of the hundreds that was cancelled in the last couple of weeks!

I've never been to California, except to land for layovers at LAX (*totally* doesn't count for anyone wanting to argue the point), so I was jazzed that a business trip was going to take me to a new place :-) I met some nice people during the conference and picked up a few new things to bring back to the office. And after the conference ended, I had an opportunity to spend time with Dennis, one of my best online turned offline friends. I could restate everything we did and saw, but the photos on Flickr tell enough of the tale and save you from more of my rambling!

Until my next trip abroad, cheers <3

3 Comments:

  • nice pictures... it was fun! :)

    By Blogger math jedi, at 9:11 PM  

  • Dude, the Spice Girls were awesome!

    Raining hard in Northern Virginia btw.

    By Blogger @binarybrewery, at 12:19 AM  

  • I tend not to check this blog unless I know you're travelling ;-)
    As you know my girlfriend saw the Spice Girls too and loved them! Sounds like it was great.
    And I love pizza!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home