Editors, Take 3
Since my last post resulted in the most comments received for a single post, it is only fair that I update my few readers on recent, related events!
Last week I was in NYC for a week-long business trip and had the opportunity to see Wicked for the second time. It took me 20 minutes or so to really get into it since the cast was different and my memories from London were still so strong. After a few numbers, however, I was wrapped up in the story, songs, set design, and lighting, and I had goose-bumps during several numbers. Spectacular!
Not wanting to end my fun there, I decided that it would be a *wonderful* idea to drive to DC on a work night for another Editors gig. This is one of our busiest weeks of the entire year, so while the Editors are great, working on only 2 hours of sleep today isn't. (However, I'm actually managing quite well...give me another few hours and I'll be crying O:-)
Unfortunately I didn't think their set was as good as the one they played at the 9:30 club back in September. For the first 9 songs there was little-to-no energy on stage, and the band just sounded bored and flat. When Tom announced that song 10 was an old one, I wasn't too jazzed because I figured I wouldn't know it and wouldn't be able to get into it -- I was proven *completely* wrong. I still don't know the name of the song, as it's not on either of the CDs, but he sang it well, the group performed it beautifully, and the crowd finally started to get into it. After that both the band and the crowd seemed a bit more energetic, and I enjoyed the rest of the show :-)
Photo of Tom, courtesy of Dan

Set list:
Bones
All Sparks (while the show hadn't picked up at this point, the lighting was excellent!!)
An End Has a Start
Bullets
Escape the Nest
Weight of the World (excellent lighting)
Lights
Blood
When Anger Shows
#10 mystery song from the early days...must learn its title...best performance of the night
Racing Rats
Munich
Encore
Smokers Outside the Hospital Doors
Fingers in the Factories
Lighting, courtesy of Dan

Tom standing on the piano during the encore, courtesy of Dan

If you want to see more photos from the show, Dan has a few more up on his Flickr page. And if you aren't familiar with the Editors, here you go!
Cheers, m'dears ♥
Since my last post resulted in the most comments received for a single post, it is only fair that I update my few readers on recent, related events!
Last week I was in NYC for a week-long business trip and had the opportunity to see Wicked for the second time. It took me 20 minutes or so to really get into it since the cast was different and my memories from London were still so strong. After a few numbers, however, I was wrapped up in the story, songs, set design, and lighting, and I had goose-bumps during several numbers. Spectacular!
Not wanting to end my fun there, I decided that it would be a *wonderful* idea to drive to DC on a work night for another Editors gig. This is one of our busiest weeks of the entire year, so while the Editors are great, working on only 2 hours of sleep today isn't. (However, I'm actually managing quite well...give me another few hours and I'll be crying O:-)
Unfortunately I didn't think their set was as good as the one they played at the 9:30 club back in September. For the first 9 songs there was little-to-no energy on stage, and the band just sounded bored and flat. When Tom announced that song 10 was an old one, I wasn't too jazzed because I figured I wouldn't know it and wouldn't be able to get into it -- I was proven *completely* wrong. I still don't know the name of the song, as it's not on either of the CDs, but he sang it well, the group performed it beautifully, and the crowd finally started to get into it. After that both the band and the crowd seemed a bit more energetic, and I enjoyed the rest of the show :-)
Photo of Tom, courtesy of Dan

Set list:
Bones
All Sparks (while the show hadn't picked up at this point, the lighting was excellent!!)
An End Has a Start
Bullets
Escape the Nest
Weight of the World (excellent lighting)
Lights
Blood
When Anger Shows
#10 mystery song from the early days...must learn its title...best performance of the night
Racing Rats
Munich
Encore
Smokers Outside the Hospital Doors
Fingers in the Factories
Lighting, courtesy of Dan

Tom standing on the piano during the encore, courtesy of Dan

If you want to see more photos from the show, Dan has a few more up on his Flickr page. And if you aren't familiar with the Editors, here you go!
Cheers, m'dears ♥

2 Comments:
cool! :)
By
math jedi, at 8:29 PM
Yeah, it was rough running the lights.
By
@binarybrewery, at 12:46 AM
Post a Comment
<< Home