Sea of ORANGE, Sad loss, Sad goodbye
Before I even knew Robin was granted his vacation request from his boss, I was dangling the promise of a ticket to Virginia's most important game of the year -- the final game against Virginia Tech at Scott Stadium. These two rivals traditionally play each other as the last game of the season, and Virginia Tech has (sadly) dominated the series in recent years.
Despite Virginia's terrible season opener in Wyoming and the "Cardiac Cavs" nickname the team has earned due to its narrow victories in other matches, I was somewhat hopeful that my Hoos would be able to pull out a major W against the Hokies.
The weather was too chilly for us to tailgate (well, says my family...I still would have been game), so we set up a tent with a heater inside and chatted til game time. To acknowledge the events of April 16 at Virginia Tech, UVA showed a great deal of (deserved) respect to the Virginia Tech community and I was proud to be an alumna of both universities.

Despite a decent effort on the part of the Hoos, they lost to the Hokies, and there was much disappointment in the Carl Smith Center, home of the David A. Harrison III field at Scott Stadium (*mwhaha*...my Hoos know what I'm talking about).
On Sunday Katie, Robin, and I drove to DC to meet Dan, and the four of us spent some time in the city, visiting the Capitol building and Supreme Court, walking down The Mall, seeing more of the White House, and meandering about before delivering Robin safe and sound to Dulles. Now he's back safely at his home across the pond, and I'm eagerly awaiting my next adventure with the Londoners, on whichever side of the ocean it may be...
Before I even knew Robin was granted his vacation request from his boss, I was dangling the promise of a ticket to Virginia's most important game of the year -- the final game against Virginia Tech at Scott Stadium. These two rivals traditionally play each other as the last game of the season, and Virginia Tech has (sadly) dominated the series in recent years.
Despite Virginia's terrible season opener in Wyoming and the "Cardiac Cavs" nickname the team has earned due to its narrow victories in other matches, I was somewhat hopeful that my Hoos would be able to pull out a major W against the Hokies.
The weather was too chilly for us to tailgate (well, says my family...I still would have been game), so we set up a tent with a heater inside and chatted til game time. To acknowledge the events of April 16 at Virginia Tech, UVA showed a great deal of (deserved) respect to the Virginia Tech community and I was proud to be an alumna of both universities.

Despite a decent effort on the part of the Hoos, they lost to the Hokies, and there was much disappointment in the Carl Smith Center, home of the David A. Harrison III field at Scott Stadium (*mwhaha*...my Hoos know what I'm talking about).
On Sunday Katie, Robin, and I drove to DC to meet Dan, and the four of us spent some time in the city, visiting the Capitol building and Supreme Court, walking down The Mall, seeing more of the White House, and meandering about before delivering Robin safe and sound to Dulles. Now he's back safely at his home across the pond, and I'm eagerly awaiting my next adventure with the Londoners, on whichever side of the ocean it may be...

2 Comments:
I was watching on TV... disappointing, I know...
And good for you for using "alumna" correctly. Even though I've never taken Latin, I hate when people say things like "Are you an alumni of UC Davis?" I need to think of a snappy comeback to that.
By
math jedi, at 9:52 PM
I'm looking forward to the next adventure too! Will be great to see you again!
By
Anonymous, at 4:13 AM
Post a Comment
<< Home