A month ago I was relaxing with my family at the beach, and I had time to let my mind wander. During that time of pondering, reflecting, and reliving the experiences of the past year (for all my counseling types, it was introverted sensing at its finest!), I began to appreciate just how blessed I have been in the last 12-14 months.
Year (or so...) in review:
1) Defended my thesis and graduated from a 48-credit M.A.Ed. program.
2) Took my second trip abroad, spending 3 weeks in Australia -- one of which was with my youngest sister and the other two were spent solo. I was never really alone though, because I had some great professional contacts in Brisbane and new friends back at the hostel in Sydney.
3) Accepted and started a full-time job at my alma mater.
4) Reconnected with my sisters and parents in a number of ways O:-) Most importantly, my dad survived a nearly fatal accident at a waterfall.
5) Reestablished relationships with high school, Charlottesville, college, and gym friends!!!
6) Stayed in touch with a few close friends from Blacksburg.
7) Spent New Years in London with Kev, a dear friend I met online, and all of his mates. Took the Eurostar to Paris for just over a day.
8) Went back to London in May and spent a wonderful week with some of the nicest, funniest, and most genuine people I know.
9) Met Gunther and Elle, two great friends I also met online, when I spent two weeks in Germany. Traveled around the country with Gunther and got to know his family. Failed to learn any German language other than greetings and numbers O:-)
10) Checked another item on my "life's to-do list" when I went skydiving for the first time with Saskia and her mom.
There's more things to be thankful for, of course, but in terms of relationships (forming new and developing old) and personal interests (e.g., travel), I am one blessed lady :-)
Last fall a new friend challenged me to take risks, and her advice was definitely the driving force behind a few choices I made this year. That's another post altogether, and until then, cheers m'dears.
Year (or so...) in review:
1) Defended my thesis and graduated from a 48-credit M.A.Ed. program.
2) Took my second trip abroad, spending 3 weeks in Australia -- one of which was with my youngest sister and the other two were spent solo. I was never really alone though, because I had some great professional contacts in Brisbane and new friends back at the hostel in Sydney.
3) Accepted and started a full-time job at my alma mater.
4) Reconnected with my sisters and parents in a number of ways O:-) Most importantly, my dad survived a nearly fatal accident at a waterfall.
5) Reestablished relationships with high school, Charlottesville, college, and gym friends!!!
6) Stayed in touch with a few close friends from Blacksburg.
7) Spent New Years in London with Kev, a dear friend I met online, and all of his mates. Took the Eurostar to Paris for just over a day.
8) Went back to London in May and spent a wonderful week with some of the nicest, funniest, and most genuine people I know.
9) Met Gunther and Elle, two great friends I also met online, when I spent two weeks in Germany. Traveled around the country with Gunther and got to know his family. Failed to learn any German language other than greetings and numbers O:-)
10) Checked another item on my "life's to-do list" when I went skydiving for the first time with Saskia and her mom.
There's more things to be thankful for, of course, but in terms of relationships (forming new and developing old) and personal interests (e.g., travel), I am one blessed lady :-)
Last fall a new friend challenged me to take risks, and her advice was definitely the driving force behind a few choices I made this year. That's another post altogether, and until then, cheers m'dears.

2 Comments:
awesome. :) I should make a list like that... considering it's an important day for me and all.
By
math jedi, at 4:16 AM
Getting on the back of my bike is considered a risk...
By
Anonymous, at 9:25 AM
Post a Comment
<< Home