Family. Food. Fun.
Thanksgiving was yesterday and it was Robin's first! After I got a bit of exercise in and helped mom with some final preparations, Robin and I sat down for some arts-and-crafts time O:-). We made turkeys out of multi-colored construction paper, which was the trade-off for not making him wear a pilgrim hat...before his visit he had called and asked if we wore hats for Thanksgiving and if he needed one :-).
Robin, pre-meal and happy he's not wearing a pilgrim hat

Here are my parents and a bit of our traditional Thanksgiving spread.

After dinner everyone was in the post-meal coma, but I stepped out of the house a bit with my cousin for a walk, and then she played ping-pong with me in the basement :-) I grew progressively weary as the night wore on, but Robin and I managed to watch about 1/4 of the Two Towers -- I hadn't seen it in *forever*.
Today we made our way to Humpback Rock and I couldn't have been happier with Robin's choice of activity. It's one of my favorite places on earth, and it's probably been a year or two since I've made the hike. Despite the high winds and freezing temperatures, I knew the trip was worth it and that we'd enjoy views like this at the top:

When we got back to the house we spent a few hours relaxing before having a few friends over for S'mores, lounging in the hot tub, and enjoying the surround sound in all its glory by playing select scenes from the various Star Wars films. Brilliant.
Hopefully we can all get a few hours of sleep because tomorrow is a HUGE day -- the UVA v. Virginia Tech game!!! I'll admit I'm quite nervous about the game's outcome, but it's *the* game of the year for us, and the Adventures of Cav Man never disappointments :-)
Til the next post, check out more photos of the week here.
Cheers, m'dears ♥
Thanksgiving was yesterday and it was Robin's first! After I got a bit of exercise in and helped mom with some final preparations, Robin and I sat down for some arts-and-crafts time O:-). We made turkeys out of multi-colored construction paper, which was the trade-off for not making him wear a pilgrim hat...before his visit he had called and asked if we wore hats for Thanksgiving and if he needed one :-).
Robin, pre-meal and happy he's not wearing a pilgrim hat

Here are my parents and a bit of our traditional Thanksgiving spread.

After dinner everyone was in the post-meal coma, but I stepped out of the house a bit with my cousin for a walk, and then she played ping-pong with me in the basement :-) I grew progressively weary as the night wore on, but Robin and I managed to watch about 1/4 of the Two Towers -- I hadn't seen it in *forever*.
Today we made our way to Humpback Rock and I couldn't have been happier with Robin's choice of activity. It's one of my favorite places on earth, and it's probably been a year or two since I've made the hike. Despite the high winds and freezing temperatures, I knew the trip was worth it and that we'd enjoy views like this at the top:

When we got back to the house we spent a few hours relaxing before having a few friends over for S'mores, lounging in the hot tub, and enjoying the surround sound in all its glory by playing select scenes from the various Star Wars films. Brilliant.
Hopefully we can all get a few hours of sleep because tomorrow is a HUGE day -- the UVA v. Virginia Tech game!!! I'll admit I'm quite nervous about the game's outcome, but it's *the* game of the year for us, and the Adventures of Cav Man never disappointments :-)
Til the next post, check out more photos of the week here.
Cheers, m'dears ♥

1 Comments:
oooh... I remember Humpback. Nice picture.
I'm watching the game right now... have fun!
By
math jedi, at 1:26 PM
Post a Comment
<< Home