Heather the Jetsetter
A tale of angst (Air Canada) and friendship (you know who you are)
We begin this tale in a rather unusual way -- with the FAQ. Normally I would have written several long blog entries by now, but as you will see, very little about the past few days has been ordinary. So to limit the time my small, loyal readership has to wait for a proper post, I offer you the FAQ until I can manage to get enough sleep to construct a sentence in less than one painstakingly slow minute. Note: These are real questions that have indeed been *frequently* asked in the last two days.
Question: So Heather, how was your weekend in London?!
Answer: Well, other than my loathing of Air Canada and having a lost bag, it was really nice.
(that's not me being sarcastic!)
Q: (Asked with slightly suspicous look or tone from check-in personnel and customs and immigration officials) So where are your bags?
A: The airline lost them. The other day. Still no sign of them.
Q: (Also asked with slightly suspicous look or tone from check-in personnel and customs and immigration officials) You're only here for a few days? That's an awfully long trip for such a short amount of time.
A: Yes, yes it is. My friends invited me so I came. *cue smile here*
Q: Oh no, your bags were lost? Was it Terminal 5?!
A: *Laughs with everyone* No, but good guess.
For those of you who don't know, I flew to London for a "long weekend" to see my friends and attend Andi and Dave's "Final Flat Party." All of this was made possible by 1) Dave's Facebook invite, 2) me missing the Londoners, 3) a "good deal" on an Air Canada flight, and 4) dipping into my travel funds.
In the next few days I will pen a tale of kindness and friendship, along with the *angst & woe* that was my experience with Air Canada. While I will no doubt visit my friends in England again, there's not a snowball's chance in you-know-where that I'll ever fly Air Canada again...unless they give me a free flight for my troubles.
Til the next time where I start at the beginning, cheers ♥
A tale of angst (Air Canada) and friendship (you know who you are)
We begin this tale in a rather unusual way -- with the FAQ. Normally I would have written several long blog entries by now, but as you will see, very little about the past few days has been ordinary. So to limit the time my small, loyal readership has to wait for a proper post, I offer you the FAQ until I can manage to get enough sleep to construct a sentence in less than one painstakingly slow minute. Note: These are real questions that have indeed been *frequently* asked in the last two days.
Question: So Heather, how was your weekend in London?!
Answer: Well, other than my loathing of Air Canada and having a lost bag, it was really nice.
(that's not me being sarcastic!)
Q: (Asked with slightly suspicous look or tone from check-in personnel and customs and immigration officials) So where are your bags?
A: The airline lost them. The other day. Still no sign of them.
Q: (Also asked with slightly suspicous look or tone from check-in personnel and customs and immigration officials) You're only here for a few days? That's an awfully long trip for such a short amount of time.
A: Yes, yes it is. My friends invited me so I came. *cue smile here*
Q: Oh no, your bags were lost? Was it Terminal 5?!
A: *Laughs with everyone* No, but good guess.
For those of you who don't know, I flew to London for a "long weekend" to see my friends and attend Andi and Dave's "Final Flat Party." All of this was made possible by 1) Dave's Facebook invite, 2) me missing the Londoners, 3) a "good deal" on an Air Canada flight, and 4) dipping into my travel funds.
In the next few days I will pen a tale of kindness and friendship, along with the *angst & woe* that was my experience with Air Canada. While I will no doubt visit my friends in England again, there's not a snowball's chance in you-know-where that I'll ever fly Air Canada again...unless they give me a free flight for my troubles.
Til the next time where I start at the beginning, cheers ♥

2 Comments:
A snowball's chance in Cleveland? in Detroit? in Ecuador? I can't wait to find out where the snowball is going to not have a chance :)
I look forward to this story... in Shakespearean terms would it be classified as a tragedy or a comedy?
I wish I knew who these friends were that you allude to...
By
@binarybrewery, at 10:11 PM
*hugs*
I'll keep that in mind if I ever have the option of flying Air Canada.
If it makes you feel any better, just a few minutes ago the Sharks knocked Calgary out of the playoffs. That's one way to get back at Canada :-P jk
By
math jedi, at 12:44 AM
Post a Comment
<< Home