It doesn't happen to you, you happen to life

Saturday, January 10, 2009

Welcoming 2009

Andi, Amy, and I got up New Years Eve and started preparing for their "New Years through the Ages" party! Amy served as head chef, Andi was the DJ and chief mover of furniture, and I served as creative director and assistant costume designer :-) We worked very well as a team.


We had a lot of fun that evening, talking, dancing, singing, and eating. And of course counting down to 2009 as we watched fireworks on TV, complete with Big Ben chiming.



On New Years day Robin and Sinead had us all over for a shepherds pie dinner...it was my first time eating it! I really wanted to soak in every minute since I was leaving the next morning, but sadly this is when my sore throat (which I had developed at 1am) turned into the plague the week-long illness that I'm just now getting over. We bid an early goodnight to our hosts and headed back to the flat for me to pack. And the *crazy* day of travel I had from Heathrow to Dulles is just a few posts back.

I've already had a few people ask where I'm going next...within the US it's Buffalo to see my Nicole! Internationally...for now I have no plans before Dublin in March 2010. We shall see!

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home