Walking in a Winter Wonderland
Before my arrival Robin had recommended a trip to Hyde Park's Winter Wonderland, and on Tuesday, Andi, Amy, and I headed back to the city for another day of fun. Robin, Gemma, Stu, and Nikki joined us. There was food (cinnamon & sugar crepe and chocolate covered strawberries for me!), drink, crafts, lights, and rides! The only thing I managed to do with my back hurting was the fun house, which probably wasn't the best of ideas O:-) Still, it was fun to walk around and just *be* with friends.


There was only one thing at Winter Wonderland I wanted to do and didn't have time for...the giant snow globe!!! You could go inside and toss around the fake snow and just be merry. I don't know why, but I thought this was spectacular!

After enjoying Winter Wonderland, Amy, Andi, and I took the tube to Piccadilly Circus to see London's Whole Foods (called Fresh and Wild). My mom and I LOVE this one type of jam at the store at home. It has a variety of flavors and no added sugar! The store in London had TONS of flavors we don't have at home, and I limited myself to just buying two. And wouldn't you know, when I got home I excitedly told my mom about them, and she came home from the store last night with both flavors. Apparently they're new EVERYWHERE. Keep in mind these are the same jams that got me into trouble with security at the Ottawa airport last Friday.

It was dark and pretty cold by this point, so we headed back to Victoria to catch a train home. And I saw a Lush at the station and had to stop. I think I smelled just about every soap before deciding to purchase two O:-) Thankfully I didn't hold us up for the train, and when we got home we enjoyed dinner and a few episodes of a couple of British comedies. Andi, I'm going to see if I can rent Only Fools and Horses around here!
♥
Before my arrival Robin had recommended a trip to Hyde Park's Winter Wonderland, and on Tuesday, Andi, Amy, and I headed back to the city for another day of fun. Robin, Gemma, Stu, and Nikki joined us. There was food (cinnamon & sugar crepe and chocolate covered strawberries for me!), drink, crafts, lights, and rides! The only thing I managed to do with my back hurting was the fun house, which probably wasn't the best of ideas O:-) Still, it was fun to walk around and just *be* with friends.


There was only one thing at Winter Wonderland I wanted to do and didn't have time for...the giant snow globe!!! You could go inside and toss around the fake snow and just be merry. I don't know why, but I thought this was spectacular!

After enjoying Winter Wonderland, Amy, Andi, and I took the tube to Piccadilly Circus to see London's Whole Foods (called Fresh and Wild). My mom and I LOVE this one type of jam at the store at home. It has a variety of flavors and no added sugar! The store in London had TONS of flavors we don't have at home, and I limited myself to just buying two. And wouldn't you know, when I got home I excitedly told my mom about them, and she came home from the store last night with both flavors. Apparently they're new EVERYWHERE. Keep in mind these are the same jams that got me into trouble with security at the Ottawa airport last Friday.

It was dark and pretty cold by this point, so we headed back to Victoria to catch a train home. And I saw a Lush at the station and had to stop. I think I smelled just about every soap before deciding to purchase two O:-) Thankfully I didn't hold us up for the train, and when we got home we enjoyed dinner and a few episodes of a couple of British comedies. Andi, I'm going to see if I can rent Only Fools and Horses around here!
♥

2 Comments:
Only Fools and Horses was a brilliant series, good old Del Boy!
By
Anonymous, at 6:07 AM
We have Whole Foods in the UK too. Fresh and Wild is very similar though.
By
Anonymous, at 2:56 AM
Post a Comment
<< Home