It doesn't happen to you, you happen to life

Wednesday, November 26, 2008

The Geisha of Charlottesville

Even though I've lived in Charlottesville since 1996, I've never considered myself to be a C'ville expert. I don't know my way around outlying parts of the county and I don't frequent the downtown area at all. However, what I do know has been more than enough to impress Kev and Gemma -- and even Will. In fact, last night Kev proclaimed that I was Yoda (a high compliment from a big Star Wars fan), and Will, now home after spending nearly 2 years in Japan, declared that I was the geisha of Charlottesville. My ability to recall facts, trivia, and other tidbits might make me an informative guide, but I don't think I've quite earned the title of a skilled artist and entertainer :-)

We kicked off yesterday with a trip to the Party Starts Here store to look for piligrim hats -- hoping to pose for a great photo for Robin (who last year asked if he needed to bring a special hat with him for Thanksgiving). There were no pilgrim hats to be found, but that didn't keep us from trying on a bunch of others(...). From there we made a pit stop at World Market so I could buy some Tim Tams and this Japanese soda Grayson introduced me to.

And then the tour of UVA! I don't know nearly as much as the student U-Guides, but with over 8 years of experience with the university, I'm not too shabby :-) We enjoyed a delicious and healthy lunch at Revolutionary Soup and later met up with Will for more soup, salads, and sandwiches for dinner at Panera. Full with healthy goodness, it was time for a basketball game at the gorgeous John Paul Jones Arena. While the arena and all the pre-game fanfare are quite impressive, the Hoos played terribly against a team we should have defeated and we lost :-P

Today we've relaxed at home, helped mom prepare dishes for Thanksgiving, been out to shoot some hoops (someone appears to have been inspired by last night's game...), and traveled to a nearby winery for a wine tasting. I enjoy Horton's wines very much, but today I tasted one I'd never had before that was spectacular -- raspberry!

Hope you're having a beautiful day wherever in the world you might be!

Cheers ♥

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home