New places, new faces
Slept like a dream :-) Even the bright sun at 5am could only keep me awake for a short time. Talked to Melbourne at breakfast. Toured Hagia Sofia with my Rick Steeves guidebook in hand -- at least two or three other people were reading their copy as well :-) From there I ducked into the nearby Bascilica Cistern (formerly used to store vast amounts of water to supply the booming city), journaled in some nearby gardens, and then headed back to the hostel (where I am now) for a brief break. My roommate Tony invited me to go to an island with him tomorrow since it will be blazing hot here in town. And now, I am headed out and *just* around the corner to see the Blue Mosque (I need to figure out how to wrap my scarf correctly first!) before meeting my friend Emin for the first time at 2:45. After our meeting, I am meeting my friend Arda for the first time for dinner in Taksim. Should be an adventure today :-)
Slept like a dream :-) Even the bright sun at 5am could only keep me awake for a short time. Talked to Melbourne at breakfast. Toured Hagia Sofia with my Rick Steeves guidebook in hand -- at least two or three other people were reading their copy as well :-) From there I ducked into the nearby Bascilica Cistern (formerly used to store vast amounts of water to supply the booming city), journaled in some nearby gardens, and then headed back to the hostel (where I am now) for a brief break. My roommate Tony invited me to go to an island with him tomorrow since it will be blazing hot here in town. And now, I am headed out and *just* around the corner to see the Blue Mosque (I need to figure out how to wrap my scarf correctly first!) before meeting my friend Emin for the first time at 2:45. After our meeting, I am meeting my friend Arda for the first time for dinner in Taksim. Should be an adventure today :-)

2 Comments:
I'm guessing that Emin is the mystery man that you spoke of meeting at the Hippodrome.
Have enjoyed looking at the Atlas you bought me several years ago so that I might track your travels.
Was Hagia Sofia beautiful as promoted?
Be careful. The last thing I need is for one of my daughters to fall in love and move overseas.
By
Anonymous, at 9:28 AM
I am curious, who is Arda? It sounds like you are having a good, exciting time! I know the sites are different but what does the air smell like (trying to get a feeling for where you are)? I'm glad to hear that you are using that sensible head on your shoulders...long distant relationships don't usually work out. Thank you so much for sharing your experiences...it has been fun!
By
Anonymous, at 7:32 PM
Post a Comment
<< Home