Death by Chocolate
or
Well I feel so broke up I wanna go home (Carbon Leaf lyrics)
or
100th post mark!!!
Good things about the last several days:
1) Medicating my woes with chocolate...I could recount everything I have enjoyed, but I choose to keep that between me and Nicole O:-)
2) Lunches at the Organic restaurant!
3) The guy we met from California who has lived abroad for 4 years, getting odd jobs in various places -- like trying to sell us a tour.
4) Finding a place to watch State of Origin! I Googled Barcelona and Australia and found this message board where a guy had posted his email address so I contacted him. He wrote back and suggested a couple of pubs, and lo and behold, we watched the match from O´Haras Irish Pub today...along with a *wicked cute* guy from South Australian. We struck up a conversation and he joined us at our table. He was cool, despite cheering for the other team.
Not so good things:
1) The obnoxious students from Belgium who are here on a school trip. They return at 10:30pm, run up and down the halls, shout, scream, blast music, and jump off of the bunk ladders and the stairs in the stairwells. We had to ask the hostel staff to enforce the posted quiet hours at 11:30.
2) You have heard of dust bunnies, right? Well we have something I like to call dust BEASTS here. I kid you not, these things are the size of at least 3 of my fists put together, and they live on top of the water pipes that run over our flat mattresses.
3) Someone stole my shower gel yesterday. I had stepped out of the shower and into the neighboring toilet stall and left my belongings in one pile outside of the shower. This girl decided to help herself. Thankfully she left it behind after her shower and I rightfully reclaimed it.
4) And finally, a woman ran over my foot with her cart, even though we were in an open space. And I have had at least 3 people walk right into me and knock me back. People have been pretty rude here.
Oh yes, and I do not know where this would fit, but Hogans, the Australian pub I mentioned the other day DID show Origin today...when I walked by and saw that on their sign I had to stop in my tracks in surprise. The same staff that laughed at me last week for inquiring posted the game and time on their outdoor chalkboard today.
Time to relax!! Gotta get a good night´s rest (one can hope...) because we take a train out of the city tomorrow :-)
Abrazos <3
or
Well I feel so broke up I wanna go home (Carbon Leaf lyrics)
or
100th post mark!!!
Good things about the last several days:
1) Medicating my woes with chocolate...I could recount everything I have enjoyed, but I choose to keep that between me and Nicole O:-)
2) Lunches at the Organic restaurant!
3) The guy we met from California who has lived abroad for 4 years, getting odd jobs in various places -- like trying to sell us a tour.
4) Finding a place to watch State of Origin! I Googled Barcelona and Australia and found this message board where a guy had posted his email address so I contacted him. He wrote back and suggested a couple of pubs, and lo and behold, we watched the match from O´Haras Irish Pub today...along with a *wicked cute* guy from South Australian. We struck up a conversation and he joined us at our table. He was cool, despite cheering for the other team.
Not so good things:
1) The obnoxious students from Belgium who are here on a school trip. They return at 10:30pm, run up and down the halls, shout, scream, blast music, and jump off of the bunk ladders and the stairs in the stairwells. We had to ask the hostel staff to enforce the posted quiet hours at 11:30.
2) You have heard of dust bunnies, right? Well we have something I like to call dust BEASTS here. I kid you not, these things are the size of at least 3 of my fists put together, and they live on top of the water pipes that run over our flat mattresses.
3) Someone stole my shower gel yesterday. I had stepped out of the shower and into the neighboring toilet stall and left my belongings in one pile outside of the shower. This girl decided to help herself. Thankfully she left it behind after her shower and I rightfully reclaimed it.
4) And finally, a woman ran over my foot with her cart, even though we were in an open space. And I have had at least 3 people walk right into me and knock me back. People have been pretty rude here.
Oh yes, and I do not know where this would fit, but Hogans, the Australian pub I mentioned the other day DID show Origin today...when I walked by and saw that on their sign I had to stop in my tracks in surprise. The same staff that laughed at me last week for inquiring posted the game and time on their outdoor chalkboard today.
Time to relax!! Gotta get a good night´s rest (one can hope...) because we take a train out of the city tomorrow :-)
Abrazos <3

2 Comments:
well good for Hogans :)
By
math jedi, at 11:10 PM
Hope you're foot is okay! Sounds like you're have plenty of adventures out there - I'm jealous!
By
Anonymous, at 3:56 AM
Post a Comment
<< Home