Culture, Cuisine, and Cruzcampo
I´m realizing I don´t have enough time for blogging -- I´m a little sad about it but I´m sure you´re thrilled O:-)
Last night´s sleep report: Once some folks in the next room decided to be quiet around midnight, I actually fell asleep quickly and soundly and made myself get up at 8:30 since we wanted to get an early start today.
*New* report...the roommate report: In addition to the sisters from Toronto, we had a nice young married couple from California join us last night. All four had been in the 18-person room with the guys and had switched to our room to preserve their sanity. The married couple said they were staying until Saturday, and we were hoping they´d join us for tapas tomorrow night. For some reason they´re no longer here and unfortunately the sisters leave tomorrow. There is one other girl that seems nice but I don´t think she speaks English. She always smiles at us though and offered us some strawberries for lunch :-)
This morning Nicole and I started with a tour of La Pedrera, one of Guadi´s famous works. In the gift shop I saw a finger spelling alphabet booklet that reminded me of Pam...have no idea how that tied into the monument :-)
I think our favorite thing of the day might have been the tour of the Palau de la Musica Catalana. The Palau has such a rich and interesting history -- it´s celebrating its centennial this year and is open to having concerts for any type of music (except opera since the space isn´t big enough). So much more to type up when I get home.
Tonight we spent our time searching for dinner because we´d found great places in our tour books and online. Sadly they were closed, did not have the food that was advertised, or were immensely underwhelming. In particular, the two streets that were supposed to be full of chocolate shops and organic/vegetarian restaurants left me disappointed. Alas.
However, I did find Cruzcampo in the grocery store today! I have every intention of introducing Nicole to one tomorrow :-)
It seems like today has lasted forever and we´re both exhausted. Time to wind down before bed. Cheers ♥
I´m realizing I don´t have enough time for blogging -- I´m a little sad about it but I´m sure you´re thrilled O:-)
Last night´s sleep report: Once some folks in the next room decided to be quiet around midnight, I actually fell asleep quickly and soundly and made myself get up at 8:30 since we wanted to get an early start today.
*New* report...the roommate report: In addition to the sisters from Toronto, we had a nice young married couple from California join us last night. All four had been in the 18-person room with the guys and had switched to our room to preserve their sanity. The married couple said they were staying until Saturday, and we were hoping they´d join us for tapas tomorrow night. For some reason they´re no longer here and unfortunately the sisters leave tomorrow. There is one other girl that seems nice but I don´t think she speaks English. She always smiles at us though and offered us some strawberries for lunch :-)
This morning Nicole and I started with a tour of La Pedrera, one of Guadi´s famous works. In the gift shop I saw a finger spelling alphabet booklet that reminded me of Pam...have no idea how that tied into the monument :-)
I think our favorite thing of the day might have been the tour of the Palau de la Musica Catalana. The Palau has such a rich and interesting history -- it´s celebrating its centennial this year and is open to having concerts for any type of music (except opera since the space isn´t big enough). So much more to type up when I get home.
Tonight we spent our time searching for dinner because we´d found great places in our tour books and online. Sadly they were closed, did not have the food that was advertised, or were immensely underwhelming. In particular, the two streets that were supposed to be full of chocolate shops and organic/vegetarian restaurants left me disappointed. Alas.
However, I did find Cruzcampo in the grocery store today! I have every intention of introducing Nicole to one tomorrow :-)
It seems like today has lasted forever and we´re both exhausted. Time to wind down before bed. Cheers ♥

2 Comments:
Have you found Barcelonians to be as friendly people you have met on other trips? Exclude friends from London...they are in a class by themselves.
Nicole sounds like a great travel partner. Hooray!
A country that has this much chocolate has to be considered as a prime destination.
Love you much!
By
Anonymous, at 5:33 PM
good to hear from you... that's too bad that the Aussie pub wasn't too authentic... oh well. Have fun!
By
math jedi, at 11:55 PM
Post a Comment
<< Home