Heather the Jetsetter
Chapter 2: The Emperor's New Clothes
If you have not done so already, you may want to read the two previous posts.
After landing safely at Heathrow (minus one checked bag) and having met up with the guys, it was time to set out on a clothes shopping adventure on Oxford Street, as I needed some underwear at the very least! The good ol' Piccadilly line took us to Green Park (my favorite London green space!) where we got off to enjoy the walk to Primark. I had never heard of Primark before, and I am fairly certain I have never seen anything quite like it in America. Sure we have places with cheap clothing and large crowds, but something about Primark both overwhelmed and amused me. Which of the bizillion £1.50 undies look like they won't fall apart before I wash them? Are these £2 shirts for real? I was trying to make the most simple of decisions but ended up spending way too much time in there, trying to navigate the crowded aisles.
With new underwear in hand, we headed back to the flat so I could grab a shower before heading to lunch. However, the new underwear hadn't been washed and dried yet, so I had to borrow a pair of someone else's...thank you O:-)
Dave, Kev, and I got to introduce Andi to Giraffe, a restaurant Katie, dad, and I discovered during our first trip to London a year and a half ago. I had a salad (of course) along with a Cruzcampo -- the only beer I have ever tried and actually liked. And I looked fabulous eating my lunch too -- wearing Dave's black and white track pants, a green shirt, and his brown leather jacket...oh yeah!
Back at the flat I managed a 5-minute power nap, baked a cake with Dave (oh my gosh, he let me in the kitchen!), and was more than jazzed when Amy arrived with super cute clothes that fit perfectly. BLESS YOU, love! Trading Dave's clothes for Amy's, I got ready to join the gang for dinner at Strada. I had the best ravioli, along with a perfect view of Tower Bridge through the floor-to-ceiling windows. And I finally got to meet the lovely Sinead!
By the time we got back to the flat I had been awake for nearly 40 hours with 25 minutes of sleep, so it was time to get some rest.
Amy & me, both wearing her clothes and me feeling the slightest bit jetlagged...

Saturday's adventures must wait for the next chapter! Til then, cheers ♥
Chapter 2: The Emperor's New Clothes
If you have not done so already, you may want to read the two previous posts.
After landing safely at Heathrow (minus one checked bag) and having met up with the guys, it was time to set out on a clothes shopping adventure on Oxford Street, as I needed some underwear at the very least! The good ol' Piccadilly line took us to Green Park (my favorite London green space!) where we got off to enjoy the walk to Primark. I had never heard of Primark before, and I am fairly certain I have never seen anything quite like it in America. Sure we have places with cheap clothing and large crowds, but something about Primark both overwhelmed and amused me. Which of the bizillion £1.50 undies look like they won't fall apart before I wash them? Are these £2 shirts for real? I was trying to make the most simple of decisions but ended up spending way too much time in there, trying to navigate the crowded aisles.
With new underwear in hand, we headed back to the flat so I could grab a shower before heading to lunch. However, the new underwear hadn't been washed and dried yet, so I had to borrow a pair of someone else's...thank you O:-)
Dave, Kev, and I got to introduce Andi to Giraffe, a restaurant Katie, dad, and I discovered during our first trip to London a year and a half ago. I had a salad (of course) along with a Cruzcampo -- the only beer I have ever tried and actually liked. And I looked fabulous eating my lunch too -- wearing Dave's black and white track pants, a green shirt, and his brown leather jacket...oh yeah!
Back at the flat I managed a 5-minute power nap, baked a cake with Dave (oh my gosh, he let me in the kitchen!), and was more than jazzed when Amy arrived with super cute clothes that fit perfectly. BLESS YOU, love! Trading Dave's clothes for Amy's, I got ready to join the gang for dinner at Strada. I had the best ravioli, along with a perfect view of Tower Bridge through the floor-to-ceiling windows. And I finally got to meet the lovely Sinead!
By the time we got back to the flat I had been awake for nearly 40 hours with 25 minutes of sleep, so it was time to get some rest.
Amy & me, both wearing her clothes and me feeling the slightest bit jetlagged...

Saturday's adventures must wait for the next chapter! Til then, cheers ♥

1 Comments:
The dinner sounds splendid, especially knowing how much you enjoy the Tower Bridge at night.
By
@binarybrewery, at 1:16 AM
Post a Comment
<< Home