It doesn't happen to you, you happen to life

Tuesday, June 03, 2008

Parting is such sweet sorrow...

Let me explain...leaving Istanbul was sad. Tears welled up at the airport but I managed to hold it together.

Then I flew from Istanbul to Munich and from Munich to Barcelona. My flight in was delayed, Lufthansa was sloooow getting our bags out of the plane, and because of this I nearly missed one of the last trains back to the city. Once in the city, I left the station from an unfamiliar exit and walked around clueless in the dark, dragging my suitcase, eventually orienting myself. Then a nearly sleepless night in a hostel followed. And the next morning when I checked out and was walking towards the hostel door to walk to the train, I saw the steady rainfall. *Cue mini umbrella and garbage bag over suitcase*

The 20 minute walk to the station could not have been a more fitting ending to the end of my trip. While Barcelona certainly has its shining qualities, it didn't click with me like other cities have. So finally departing -- wet, exhausted, frustrated, and all -- was *sweet*.

After one shuttle, four flights, two trains, and a 2-hour car ride, I was transported from Istanbul to home. And today is my second day back at work -- I wasn't in the country for 12 hours before I was up and getting ready for the office!

I took fewer photos in Istanbul so I've uploaded those first. Barcelona ones will be up soon.

Thanks for reading and sharing in my adventures with me. Til the next time I fly overseas or a friend comes here, cheers ♥

1 Comments:

  • glad to hear you're back safe and sound :) At least you got your bag this time.

    By Blogger math jedi, at 10:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home