British Invasion
I wouldn't say Kev and Gemma have invaded in the least, but that's what dad has been calling their visit for the last few weeks. Yes, two of my friends fromLondon Croydon are spending their first trip to the states with us for Thanksgiving -- following in the footsteps from Robin's visit!
While I have lots of friends in and near London, it's all because of Kev! We met a few years ago online through a mutual interest, and nearly two years ago I met him, Gemma, Robin, and a handful of other fantastic folks in London. They adopted me immediately into their group, and it's a shame we have an ocean separating us.
Our Brits arrived Saturday and spent the night in DC while we were freezing in Scott Stadium and watching the Hoos lose their last home football game. Sunday morning I drove up to meet them and spent the day seeing all of the big monuments in DC. Kev kept encouraging us to pose with police cars by touching them, sitting on them, pretending we were getting arrested (which we probably would have done if we had listended to him!). After a few hours of walking, we'd had our fill of the city, and we headed to Centreville for a fabulous dinner at Carrabbas.
This morning you would have think I had been the one wit jet lag -- I woke up at 3am and never really got back to sleep. So up I was at 5am and off to the gym! After the gang had breakfast, we made a pit stop at Wal Mart, headed to the mall for some shopping, stopped at Brick Oven for a great pizza and salad lunch, and then drove to higher ground for a tour of Thomas Jefferson's (aka TJ's) home Monticello.
Now we're at home and awaiting the season finale of Dancing with the Stars :-) Tomorrow is UVA day...tour of Grounds, lunch on the Corner, and a basketball game!
Hopefully my next update won't be so boring and factual...maybe I'm more tired than I thought...
I wouldn't say Kev and Gemma have invaded in the least, but that's what dad has been calling their visit for the last few weeks. Yes, two of my friends from
While I have lots of friends in and near London, it's all because of Kev! We met a few years ago online through a mutual interest, and nearly two years ago I met him, Gemma, Robin, and a handful of other fantastic folks in London. They adopted me immediately into their group, and it's a shame we have an ocean separating us.
Our Brits arrived Saturday and spent the night in DC while we were freezing in Scott Stadium and watching the Hoos lose their last home football game. Sunday morning I drove up to meet them and spent the day seeing all of the big monuments in DC. Kev kept encouraging us to pose with police cars by touching them, sitting on them, pretending we were getting arrested (which we probably would have done if we had listended to him!). After a few hours of walking, we'd had our fill of the city, and we headed to Centreville for a fabulous dinner at Carrabbas.
This morning you would have think I had been the one wit jet lag -- I woke up at 3am and never really got back to sleep. So up I was at 5am and off to the gym! After the gang had breakfast, we made a pit stop at Wal Mart, headed to the mall for some shopping, stopped at Brick Oven for a great pizza and salad lunch, and then drove to higher ground for a tour of Thomas Jefferson's (aka TJ's) home Monticello.
Now we're at home and awaiting the season finale of Dancing with the Stars :-) Tomorrow is UVA day...tour of Grounds, lunch on the Corner, and a basketball game!
Hopefully my next update won't be so boring and factual...maybe I'm more tired than I thought...

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home