New Years in England, Take 2
Hello and good morning from South Croydon!
Back in September I used the travel voucher from Air Canada, plus a bit of my own money, to purchase a flight to London for New Years. I've been counting down the days to this trip for months and I'm so glad to finally be with all of my lovely Brits again :-)
Travel day -- Friday, the day after Christmas, started off kind of rough! First, I hadn't quite recovered from the rush of Christmas, but I had to get up early and finish packing. This would have been altogether fine if I had not woken up to find my neck was out of alignment. I had and continue to have some *serious* pain shooting down my neck and into my shoulders. This kind of thing never gets better until I see my doctor, which I can't do until January 5th. So say a prayer for me!
After all of that I left the house later than I wanted to, then realized I had forgotten a few things at home once on the road. Couple this with elevated hormones this week, and you had a slightly emotional Heather driving to the airport O:-)
Nevertheless, I got out of my funk, Rachel and family took me safely and swiftly to the airport, and there are no problems with the flights to report, other than they were both delayed by an hour -- yet I was still on time when I landed in Toronto and London!! Oh yes, and I sat next to two really nice 20-something Canadians who helped make the nearly 7 hour flight across the Atlantic a bit easier. And, thanks to everyone at AC who guided my bag away from Vancouver and to Heathrow this time...so nice to see it in baggage reclaim!
Kev picked me up from the airport, I caught up with Kev and Gemma over breakfast at their flat, and then they took me to Andi and Amy's, who are my super amazing hosts for the week.
Although I wrote about my "rough" start to this trip stateside, it's been nothing but fun since I've arrived...and I'll save all of that for another post.
♥
Hello and good morning from South Croydon!
Back in September I used the travel voucher from Air Canada, plus a bit of my own money, to purchase a flight to London for New Years. I've been counting down the days to this trip for months and I'm so glad to finally be with all of my lovely Brits again :-)
Travel day -- Friday, the day after Christmas, started off kind of rough! First, I hadn't quite recovered from the rush of Christmas, but I had to get up early and finish packing. This would have been altogether fine if I had not woken up to find my neck was out of alignment. I had and continue to have some *serious* pain shooting down my neck and into my shoulders. This kind of thing never gets better until I see my doctor, which I can't do until January 5th. So say a prayer for me!
After all of that I left the house later than I wanted to, then realized I had forgotten a few things at home once on the road. Couple this with elevated hormones this week, and you had a slightly emotional Heather driving to the airport O:-)
Nevertheless, I got out of my funk, Rachel and family took me safely and swiftly to the airport, and there are no problems with the flights to report, other than they were both delayed by an hour -- yet I was still on time when I landed in Toronto and London!! Oh yes, and I sat next to two really nice 20-something Canadians who helped make the nearly 7 hour flight across the Atlantic a bit easier. And, thanks to everyone at AC who guided my bag away from Vancouver and to Heathrow this time...so nice to see it in baggage reclaim!
Kev picked me up from the airport, I caught up with Kev and Gemma over breakfast at their flat, and then they took me to Andi and Amy's, who are my super amazing hosts for the week.
Although I wrote about my "rough" start to this trip stateside, it's been nothing but fun since I've arrived...and I'll save all of that for another post.
♥

3 Comments:
Glad to hear that you made it there safely and that things have been going well since!
By
Anonymous, at 3:23 AM
Happy to have you back with us in England! Lots more fun to be had!
By
Anonymous, at 3:55 AM
well it's good to hear your bag is there :) have fun!
By
math jedi, at 4:34 AM
Post a Comment
<< Home