Saturday at Skylark
In the last couple of years I have read about my friends going to the Skylark, a local pub, on a Friday or Saturday night. And now that Andi and Dave have moved out of their flat in Bermondsey (close to Tower Bridge), I was going to be staying with Andi and Amy in Croydon (South London, about a 30-minute train ride to the city center). Most of the gang lives in or around this area.
Before I had arrived, an email had gone out inviting everyone out to the pub. I'm so glad I finally got to see what the place looks like! I'm not sure what I was expecting, but it was bigger and prettier inside than I imagined. The evening was filled with lots of hugs, laughs, and photos. In fact, one photo inspired Sinead to create a TV show, which I have no doubt she is going to pitch to a network in the coming months. And Pimms & Lemonade is still nice.
Photo from Amy
Sunday Stroll through Happy Valley
After being awake for 36 hours, I slept very well and actually slept in a bit on Sunday morning :-) Andi, Amy, Jim Bob, and I had some breakfast and watched two episodes of Friends (the only ones I hadn't seen due to a busted disc!) before the lovely Shel arrived. It was a nice day, so we popped over to Happy Valley for a walk. I'd never heard of it before though it's right next to The Fox, where Katie and I ate in 2007 during a brief visit to Croydon. Andi told us how he and Robin used to ride their bikes in the fields when they were younger, and I could see why...it was so pretty and I could have walked there for hours.
Photo from Shel
When we returned to the flat, Andi and Amy got ready to head out to an engagement party while me, Shel, Pam, and Dave headed just down the road to an Indian restaurant. The food was really nice but sadly I couldn't eat very much...or not enough of what I wanted anyway :-) Once back at the flat Shel and I enjoyed an evening of girl talk!
These two relaxing days with friends in Croydon were followed by two sunshine-filled touristy days in central London -- next post!
♥
In the last couple of years I have read about my friends going to the Skylark, a local pub, on a Friday or Saturday night. And now that Andi and Dave have moved out of their flat in Bermondsey (close to Tower Bridge), I was going to be staying with Andi and Amy in Croydon (South London, about a 30-minute train ride to the city center). Most of the gang lives in or around this area.
Before I had arrived, an email had gone out inviting everyone out to the pub. I'm so glad I finally got to see what the place looks like! I'm not sure what I was expecting, but it was bigger and prettier inside than I imagined. The evening was filled with lots of hugs, laughs, and photos. In fact, one photo inspired Sinead to create a TV show, which I have no doubt she is going to pitch to a network in the coming months. And Pimms & Lemonade is still nice.
Photo from AmySunday Stroll through Happy Valley
After being awake for 36 hours, I slept very well and actually slept in a bit on Sunday morning :-) Andi, Amy, Jim Bob, and I had some breakfast and watched two episodes of Friends (the only ones I hadn't seen due to a busted disc!) before the lovely Shel arrived. It was a nice day, so we popped over to Happy Valley for a walk. I'd never heard of it before though it's right next to The Fox, where Katie and I ate in 2007 during a brief visit to Croydon. Andi told us how he and Robin used to ride their bikes in the fields when they were younger, and I could see why...it was so pretty and I could have walked there for hours.
Photo from ShelWhen we returned to the flat, Andi and Amy got ready to head out to an engagement party while me, Shel, Pam, and Dave headed just down the road to an Indian restaurant. The food was really nice but sadly I couldn't eat very much...or not enough of what I wanted anyway :-) Once back at the flat Shel and I enjoyed an evening of girl talk!
These two relaxing days with friends in Croydon were followed by two sunshine-filled touristy days in central London -- next post!
♥

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home