Day 6 in Sydney (This post has been edited to add about the second half of the day!)
I'm back in New South Wales!
I tested my alarm last night after it failed to go off yesterday morning, and it worked just fine. For some reason, it didn't work this morning, and I managed to get ready just before my transport to the airport arrived!! I had the nicest taxi driver ever...I'm running out of time now, so I'll have to update this post later and talk about him :-)
Virgin Blue flight to Sydney was uneventful, it took ages to get to the hostel, and once I finally did, people at reception teased me for coming back :-). I dropped off my stuff (placed in an all female room this time) and headed into town to get some groceries. The Woolworths in Brisbane was great, but the one here is terrible :-P After wasting tons of time, I headed back to Coles and managed to scrounge up a bit of dinner from the deli, as most places are closed on a Sunday afternoon. I'd only eaten a PB sandwich all day, so when I finally ate chicken salad and an apple at 3:30, that was a God send.
Adrian was in the lounge when I returned with my food, so we caught up, and as soon as I post this, we're meeting to head into town for the evening.
Edit (posted on Day 7): Adrian and I called Daren to see if he wanted to come out with us, but sadly we left a message. After walking for a bit, Adrian suggested the Star Bar, a place he's been a few times for dinner. We got a drink and talked a lot about our families and past relationships -- good times :-). Eventually we wanted a change of venue, so we headed down the street and chose to pop into Scruffy Murphy's (at least I think that was the name). It was hilarious!! The pub was pretty crowded and a tons of people had lined up for karaoke :-) -- Adrian and I both admitted we can't carry a tune in a bucket, so we were highly amused (and impressed) by the singers, especially two people. One was a girl from Englad who sang Underneath Your Clothes, and she was easily the best singer of the night. The other was an 88 year old man who sang Unchained Melody. According to our two transvestite MCs (who were hilarious!), this elderly gentleman has been singing Unchained Melody there for years!!
Eventually we headed back to the hostel where I met two of Adrian's new pals -- Andrew from California and a girl who's also from Nottingham and actually recognized Adrian from back home :-). We chatted quite a bit and then I went up to my room to discover one of my roomies was back. Yvette is from Melbourne, she's a painter, and she's here to visit all of the art galleries in Sydney -- pretty cool, eh? We went to bed around midnight, and when I woke up today (Monday), another roomie was there.
Well it's Monday now, so I'll update briefly on that, because Andrew and I are going to get some dinner!
Cheers!
Cheers :-)
I'm back in New South Wales!
I tested my alarm last night after it failed to go off yesterday morning, and it worked just fine. For some reason, it didn't work this morning, and I managed to get ready just before my transport to the airport arrived!! I had the nicest taxi driver ever...I'm running out of time now, so I'll have to update this post later and talk about him :-)
Virgin Blue flight to Sydney was uneventful, it took ages to get to the hostel, and once I finally did, people at reception teased me for coming back :-). I dropped off my stuff (placed in an all female room this time) and headed into town to get some groceries. The Woolworths in Brisbane was great, but the one here is terrible :-P After wasting tons of time, I headed back to Coles and managed to scrounge up a bit of dinner from the deli, as most places are closed on a Sunday afternoon. I'd only eaten a PB sandwich all day, so when I finally ate chicken salad and an apple at 3:30, that was a God send.
Adrian was in the lounge when I returned with my food, so we caught up, and as soon as I post this, we're meeting to head into town for the evening.
Edit (posted on Day 7): Adrian and I called Daren to see if he wanted to come out with us, but sadly we left a message. After walking for a bit, Adrian suggested the Star Bar, a place he's been a few times for dinner. We got a drink and talked a lot about our families and past relationships -- good times :-). Eventually we wanted a change of venue, so we headed down the street and chose to pop into Scruffy Murphy's (at least I think that was the name). It was hilarious!! The pub was pretty crowded and a tons of people had lined up for karaoke :-) -- Adrian and I both admitted we can't carry a tune in a bucket, so we were highly amused (and impressed) by the singers, especially two people. One was a girl from Englad who sang Underneath Your Clothes, and she was easily the best singer of the night. The other was an 88 year old man who sang Unchained Melody. According to our two transvestite MCs (who were hilarious!), this elderly gentleman has been singing Unchained Melody there for years!!
Eventually we headed back to the hostel where I met two of Adrian's new pals -- Andrew from California and a girl who's also from Nottingham and actually recognized Adrian from back home :-). We chatted quite a bit and then I went up to my room to discover one of my roomies was back. Yvette is from Melbourne, she's a painter, and she's here to visit all of the art galleries in Sydney -- pretty cool, eh? We went to bed around midnight, and when I woke up today (Monday), another roomie was there.
Well it's Monday now, so I'll update briefly on that, because Andrew and I are going to get some dinner!
Cheers!
Cheers :-)

2 Comments:
Bet it feels like the time is just FLYING by :D
Glad the trip is going great! :D
E
By
Anonymous, at 10:51 AM
oooh... karaoke! :)
dgs
By
Anonymous, at 9:53 PM
Post a Comment
<< Home