It doesn't happen to you, you happen to life

Wednesday, June 14, 2006

Day 7 in Brisbane, Part 2

I'm so glad I got to watch the second State of Origin game at Sarah's! I met her boyfriend, one of her friends, her brother, and one of her brother's friends :-)

She decided she was going to make several Aussie snacks for the occasion -- I had my first pie since I've been here, she bought me a pack of Double Coated Tim Tams (I tried the Dark variety back in Sydney), and we enjoyed some other munchies and Australian wine :-)

Everyone gave me a bit of explanation before the game started, and thankfully there were enough similarities to American football ("Gridiron") that I caught on pretty quickly. Queensland absolutely trounced New South Wales, and the 3rd and decisive match will be held in a few weeks, in Melbourne I believe. Too bad I won't be here to see it!

Just had breakfast, and I think I'll take a little power nap before starting my day :-)

Cheers!

3 Comments:

  • Congrats to Queensland :D

    I should point out that reading your blog has made me decide that its time I renewed my passport so that I'll be that much closer to some overseas trips myself.

    Evan

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5:35 PM  

  • All I could do was to take in the delicious aroma of the Tim Tams that you sent dad. Ohhh, they smell so wonderful! :o( Oh well.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:25 PM  

  • A power nap after breakfast? Now that's a first. :D

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home