Day 7 in Brisbane
Col took me to my new hostel last night, and it's definitely different than the others I've stayed in so far :-). I have my own room again, and the bathroom is across the hall, there's a bar and a pool located on the other side of my bedroom wall, the kitchen is the best one I've seen so far, and the internet is actually free -- just good luck getting a computer ;-).
I found my way to the Queen St. Mall last night (I love that place!), and unfortunately Target was closed. Coles was my next stop for a few items to eat over the next few days, and then I headed back to the hostel to unwind and go to bed early.
This morning I walked to QUT, after a quick stop at a pharmacy on the mall for earplugs and toothpaste :-). I met with 3 staff members I didn't get to really touch base with yesterday, and again, everyone in the office is super friendly and receptive. I'll be starting my new job with a few ideas in mind of things I'd like to bring to the office, if we're not using them already :-)
Now it's off to the mall again to get in Target before it closes at 6pm -- I want to see if they have any Lions' gear for less than the AFL shop at The Gabba. Then this evening Sarah has invited me to her place to watch the State of Origin game, something I've heard about *constantly* since arriving in OZ :-).
-->Well I just got back from the mall! Target didn't have any Lions gear, although it did have a beautiful orange scarf that I resisted purchasing for UVA football season :-). I dashed over to Sumo Salad to try another of their salads (Grilled Chicken Low GI) before looking around the souvenir shops and sports stores. I found a few Lions jerseys and hats, but no scarves :-(. *However*, since my maroon shirt is dirty and I want to fit in tonight, I popped into a sports store with a whole group of people to buy a State of Origin shirt to support Queensland :-). Queensland = maroon, New South Wales = blue (a light blue, but not Carolina, *phew*), and while blue is my favorite color, "when in Rome..." :-). So I'll be sporting my new "Property of Queensland" t-shirt tonight and enjoying the game with Sarah and her friends.
For now, I'm gonna go change clothes and head over to Tinbilly so she can pick me up! The day tour to Moreton Bay and Tangalooma is fully booked for tomorrow, so I'm just going to spend some time walking around the city.
Cheers!
Col took me to my new hostel last night, and it's definitely different than the others I've stayed in so far :-). I have my own room again, and the bathroom is across the hall, there's a bar and a pool located on the other side of my bedroom wall, the kitchen is the best one I've seen so far, and the internet is actually free -- just good luck getting a computer ;-).
I found my way to the Queen St. Mall last night (I love that place!), and unfortunately Target was closed. Coles was my next stop for a few items to eat over the next few days, and then I headed back to the hostel to unwind and go to bed early.
This morning I walked to QUT, after a quick stop at a pharmacy on the mall for earplugs and toothpaste :-). I met with 3 staff members I didn't get to really touch base with yesterday, and again, everyone in the office is super friendly and receptive. I'll be starting my new job with a few ideas in mind of things I'd like to bring to the office, if we're not using them already :-)
Now it's off to the mall again to get in Target before it closes at 6pm -- I want to see if they have any Lions' gear for less than the AFL shop at The Gabba. Then this evening Sarah has invited me to her place to watch the State of Origin game, something I've heard about *constantly* since arriving in OZ :-).
-->Well I just got back from the mall! Target didn't have any Lions gear, although it did have a beautiful orange scarf that I resisted purchasing for UVA football season :-). I dashed over to Sumo Salad to try another of their salads (Grilled Chicken Low GI) before looking around the souvenir shops and sports stores. I found a few Lions jerseys and hats, but no scarves :-(. *However*, since my maroon shirt is dirty and I want to fit in tonight, I popped into a sports store with a whole group of people to buy a State of Origin shirt to support Queensland :-). Queensland = maroon, New South Wales = blue (a light blue, but not Carolina, *phew*), and while blue is my favorite color, "when in Rome..." :-). So I'll be sporting my new "Property of Queensland" t-shirt tonight and enjoying the game with Sarah and her friends.
For now, I'm gonna go change clothes and head over to Tinbilly so she can pick me up! The day tour to Moreton Bay and Tangalooma is fully booked for tomorrow, so I'm just going to spend some time walking around the city.
Cheers!

2 Comments:
oooh... have fun! :)
dgs
By
Anonymous, at 11:15 AM
I'm glad you're being forced to buy maroon and NOT blue clothing. Try and wear that when you get back to Charlottesville!
Hokie, hokie, hokie, hi!
-Bunches
By
Anonymous, at 7:38 PM
Post a Comment
<< Home