It doesn't happen to you, you happen to life

Thursday, June 08, 2006

Day 5 in Sydney, Part 2

After Katie and I returned from the internet cafe and started packing up, a new roomie arrived -- Adrian (am I spelling this correctly?) from the UK. Daren returned shortly thereafter, and the four of us headed out into town for Katie's last night. We didn't talk about *everything*, we but did manage to cover quite a number of topics, swapping travel stories and talking about cultural differences :-)

This morning Katie and I took a crazy shuttle to the airport. The driver flew around the Sydney streets and flung everyone's luggage into the shuttle like it was trash. I stopped off at the international terminal with Katie to see her off, then took the shuttle over to the domestic terminal, about a mile or so away. From what I understand, Australia has two primary discount airlines -- Virgin Blue (which I took) and Jet Star (owned by Qantas I think?). I was in the very back of the plane with a window seat, and the views of the coast all the way to Brisbane were beautiful -- we even had a rainbow right after takeoff :-)

Now I'm in Brisbane at the internet cafe at the hostel. Brisbane post coming up!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home