For days I've been equally nervous and excited about the upcoming trip. I've wanted this for so long, and now that it's here, it just doesn't seem possible. It still seems so far away, yet at the same time, it all seems to be happening too quickly.
Thanks to one of my best friends Evan, we have a mascot for the trip:

A honey-colored Vermont Teddy Hiker Bear arrived at my doorstep a couple of weeks ago, proving once again how well Evan knows me and how perfect his care packages always are :-) It took a while to come up with a name, but somehow Bradley Cooper hit me before I went to sleep the other night.
Although Katie and I still have shopping to do, we've done some of the essentials: made several copies of the first page of our passports, forwared all flight info and reservations to our parents, reserved the hostel, & booked our Bridge Climb (we're going at night!). When I fly to Brisbane solo, there will be so much to do! A contact of mine has set up some great day trips -- O'Reilly's, a zoo, a Brisbane Lions footy match (hoorah!), & a few days at Queensland University of Technology to learn about career services and counseling. Then hopefully I will meet up with a new pal of mine to Zorb at the Gold Coast, do some bushwalking, and visit some nearby islands. When I head back to Sydney, I'm thinking about day tours of the Blue Mountains and Hunter Valley and then a show at the Opera House. We'll see what happens!
Oh yeah, and Katie and I are wondering how many times we'll be called "seppos" while we're there. We already have a number in mind. Feel free to take a guess ;-)
Thanks to one of my best friends Evan, we have a mascot for the trip:

A honey-colored Vermont Teddy Hiker Bear arrived at my doorstep a couple of weeks ago, proving once again how well Evan knows me and how perfect his care packages always are :-) It took a while to come up with a name, but somehow Bradley Cooper hit me before I went to sleep the other night.
Although Katie and I still have shopping to do, we've done some of the essentials: made several copies of the first page of our passports, forwared all flight info and reservations to our parents, reserved the hostel, & booked our Bridge Climb (we're going at night!). When I fly to Brisbane solo, there will be so much to do! A contact of mine has set up some great day trips -- O'Reilly's, a zoo, a Brisbane Lions footy match (hoorah!), & a few days at Queensland University of Technology to learn about career services and counseling. Then hopefully I will meet up with a new pal of mine to Zorb at the Gold Coast, do some bushwalking, and visit some nearby islands. When I head back to Sydney, I'm thinking about day tours of the Blue Mountains and Hunter Valley and then a show at the Opera House. We'll see what happens!
Oh yeah, and Katie and I are wondering how many times we'll be called "seppos" while we're there. We already have a number in mind. Feel free to take a guess ;-)

5 Comments:
I don't think there's anything under this name anymore that can... you know. Delete this comment if I missed something, and let me know.
I'll guess 6 times for seppos.
Looks like you've got lots of awesome stuff planned already... you must be excited. :)
By
math jedi, at 2:26 AM
I'm guessing seppos 15 times, for no reason in particular.
I think you're going to have a fantastic time, I'm quite jealous actually, I want to go away!
By
Anonymous, at 8:32 AM
Oh dear, another country where they play football mostly with their hands. :P
I'm guessing 11. Single count. If you and your sister are called 'seppo' at the same time it only counts as one. :)
By
Anonymous, at 12:58 PM
What zoo you headed to in Brisbane? I just remember that the zoo I went to there was the best part of my trip to Oz as a kid. I forget the name, but I know my parents would remember. It was an interactive zoo where you could pet the animals. There is a nice photos somewhere of me and a Koala. I was wearing a tank top that day and he clawed the heck out of me :-)
By
Anonymous, at 3:49 AM
Bunches, I think it's the Australia Zoo, which appears to be on the Sunshine Coast and run by the croc hunter himself, Steve Irwin.
By
Heather, at 7:32 AM
Post a Comment
<< Home