It doesn't happen to you, you happen to life

Friday, May 19, 2006

Welcome to my travel blog!

Much to the chagrin of many of my friends, I am a story teller. I rarely give the cliff notes version response to any question. Instead, I give you the back story, side stories, and all of the little tidbits to fill in the gaps along the way.

As much as it may appear that I like to talk, I *love* writing. And what better to write about than my travels around the world?! If you know me IRL or elsewhere on the net, you're probably well aware that a severe case of wanderlust settled in a few years ago, and it hasn't left since...and I hope it never does. As someone told me recently, "it gets in your blood," and it's true! When I have free time, I'm reading about other countries and cultures, researching RTW trips, and planning travels to countries and cities that top my "must see" list. I daydream often, and it's almost always about taking one of my trips. So enough planning and dreaming -- it's time to do it!

Soon I'll post my notes/journal from my trip to Ireland in 2003. I had subscribed to Budget Travel magazine and found a killer deal for a week in Ireland -- $399 (pre-taxes and fees) for a round-trip flight from Baltimore, 6 nights in a B&B, and a rental car with unlimited miles. After finding a travel partner (my dad!), we booked the trip for November 10-17. Yes, it rained and was freezing. But we couldn't pass up that price, and it was about time our empty passports had a stamp.

Thanks for checking out my blog! And if you're just itching to leave a comment, please do ;-) I love them!

2 Comments:

  • Hey Heather, it's your Dad's worse nightmare! :) Really, it's your 2nd cousin (Carolyn) you know, the "twins" mom :) - that was really an amazing trip to Ireland! I'm so glad you're making the oppurtunity to go places that the rest of us can only dream about - good luck & God speed on all your trips! Have a wonderful time on your next adventure & I look forward to reading about it!
    Love, Carolyn

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:01 AM  

  • Hi Honey, how exciting to hear about your and Katie's adventures. The Bridge climb sounds difficult but fun. I think dad and I would enjoy doing that.

    Don't worry about believing the guide, you know how gullible mom is. I would have believed him hook, line and sinker!!!

    We are enjoying hearing about your day. I love you, Mom

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home