Day 4 in Sydney
Another rainy day in Sydney! Today we wanted to see Darling Harbour, so we got to take a street other than George ;-)
I really love Darling Harbour! At first we took the long way about because we used the easiest way to understand on the map, but thankfully there are tons of signs directing you to all of the attractions and landmarks in the area. Katie graciously tagged along for the free visit to the National Maritime Museum. It was pretty interesting, but it would have taken quite a while to properly see, and we knew we wanted to do a few other things. After hitting the highlights (I'll post facts I thought were interesting later when I have more time O:-), we walked over to Cockle Bay Wharf for lunch at Blackbird Cafe. My dad encouraged Katie and I to treat ourselves to one nice meal, and this was it :-) Our host dropped a few things when he first came to our table, and he apologized saying, "Sorry, I always get nervous around beautiful women." Very charming ;-)
Darling Harbour and the area around Cockle Bay Wharf is *so* pretty -- definitely a good place to spend a day or part of one. I plan on going back when I return to Sydney.
It started to pour again, so we skipped the other things we wanted to see (Sounds of the Outback, Chinese Garden of Friendship -- I'll see them when I return), and headed to Market City, the first mall we've been to here. Katie found a few neat things, and then we headed back to the hostel to drop off our stuff, head to the internet cafe, and now we're off to George Street because Katie keeps eying a dress in one window :-) On tonight's agenda -- laundry!
Cheers :-)
Another rainy day in Sydney! Today we wanted to see Darling Harbour, so we got to take a street other than George ;-)
I really love Darling Harbour! At first we took the long way about because we used the easiest way to understand on the map, but thankfully there are tons of signs directing you to all of the attractions and landmarks in the area. Katie graciously tagged along for the free visit to the National Maritime Museum. It was pretty interesting, but it would have taken quite a while to properly see, and we knew we wanted to do a few other things. After hitting the highlights (I'll post facts I thought were interesting later when I have more time O:-), we walked over to Cockle Bay Wharf for lunch at Blackbird Cafe. My dad encouraged Katie and I to treat ourselves to one nice meal, and this was it :-) Our host dropped a few things when he first came to our table, and he apologized saying, "Sorry, I always get nervous around beautiful women." Very charming ;-)
Darling Harbour and the area around Cockle Bay Wharf is *so* pretty -- definitely a good place to spend a day or part of one. I plan on going back when I return to Sydney.
It started to pour again, so we skipped the other things we wanted to see (Sounds of the Outback, Chinese Garden of Friendship -- I'll see them when I return), and headed to Market City, the first mall we've been to here. Katie found a few neat things, and then we headed back to the hostel to drop off our stuff, head to the internet cafe, and now we're off to George Street because Katie keeps eying a dress in one window :-) On tonight's agenda -- laundry!
Cheers :-)

3 Comments:
Nae,the Blackbird Cafe sounds wonderful. Sounds like a place I would love to be at right now. You know how I love being around the water and how peaceful I feel when there.
Can't wait to hear more about the Bridge Climb and see you and Katie all decked out in your gear.
Miss you both but loving the fact that you both are having fun.
Love,
Mom
By
Anonymous, at 3:32 PM
Latest commercial:
http://retrieversoftruth.com/
-Bunches :-)
By
Anonymous, at 10:25 PM
I've been reading all your blogs and it sounds like you're having a fantastic time, even with all the rain! I'm really jealous, I want to go on holiday!!
By
Anonymous, at 4:37 AM
Post a Comment
<< Home