Day 8 in Brisbane
After returning to the hostel from crashing at Sarah's for the night, I got ready for a day of walking around the city! First stop, Rebel Sports on Queen St. Mall to look for that Lions scarf -- and I found it for $5 less than at the AFL shop at The Gabba. Hoorah!
Then I just walked around the mall, grabbed some lunch from *surprise* Sumo Salad, walked across a bridge (I really need to learn its name as I've walked across it nearly every day), explored South Bank more, and then took a little nap in the botanical gardens that border QUT.
I met up with Sarah to go rock climbing, and for some reason, I didn't actually picture real cliffs, protective gear, and ropes when she mentioned it :-). Sleepiness, my first headache since I've been in OZ, and a case of nerves set in, and I chickened out for the first time since I've been here O:-). Of course, I wouldn't have been able to climb anyway, as this one determined girl stayed on the group's main line the whole time we were there.
I slept well last night (yay earplugs and sleeping pill!) and am not quite sure what I'm doing today -- supposed to meet up with Peter, but I haven't heard from him yet.
Cheers!
After returning to the hostel from crashing at Sarah's for the night, I got ready for a day of walking around the city! First stop, Rebel Sports on Queen St. Mall to look for that Lions scarf -- and I found it for $5 less than at the AFL shop at The Gabba. Hoorah!
Then I just walked around the mall, grabbed some lunch from *surprise* Sumo Salad, walked across a bridge (I really need to learn its name as I've walked across it nearly every day), explored South Bank more, and then took a little nap in the botanical gardens that border QUT.
I met up with Sarah to go rock climbing, and for some reason, I didn't actually picture real cliffs, protective gear, and ropes when she mentioned it :-). Sleepiness, my first headache since I've been in OZ, and a case of nerves set in, and I chickened out for the first time since I've been here O:-). Of course, I wouldn't have been able to climb anyway, as this one determined girl stayed on the group's main line the whole time we were there.
I slept well last night (yay earplugs and sleeping pill!) and am not quite sure what I'm doing today -- supposed to meet up with Peter, but I haven't heard from him yet.
Cheers!

1 Comments:
The poppies will put you to sleep, my pretty. In the merry old land of Oz that is...
You need to find a new place to eat. This is getting ridikilis
-Bunches
By
Anonymous, at 7:40 PM
Post a Comment
<< Home