Buffalo & Niagara Falls
For a month and a half, I have enjoyed FOUR-DAY WEEKENDS filled with traveling to see friends, a family reunion, a wedding, and plenty of relaxing. Making the most of my last 4-day weekend, I recently traveled to Buffalo, New York to visit Nicole. The last time I saw Nicole was the day before she left Virginia to move back home one year ago. We've been great at keeping in touch with phone calls, but I was more than ready to see one of my best friends and Barcelona travel partner in person!
Since we both enjoy food, we decided that I might best experience Buffalo through eating! This included an introduction to a Costanzo roll, Weber's mustard, Watson's sponge candy, wings at the Anchor Bar, breakfast at Panos, and coffee at Caffe Aroma. Thankfully we love walking just about as much as we enjoy food, so we strolled around the University at Buffalo (largest school in the SUNY system) and along Elmwood Avenue (known for the cute shops). And, we combined both our interest in food and walking with a successful visit to Wegman's grocery store!! We wanted to make cookies at some point during the weekend, and we found the exact ingredients we were hoping for (and later made some of the tastiest cookies I've ever had). I also found Lindemans for the first time since I was introduced to it a year ago. It says it's a beer, but it tastes nothing like one -- and that's a good thing.

We saved Sunday for a trip to Niagara Falls -- my first visit! Not counting layovers (on Air Canada flights to and from London), this also marked my first visit to Canada. We got wet walking around, riding the Maid of the Mist, and going on the Journey Behind the Falls. And we saw the Falls from above with a trip to the top of the Skylon Tower.

After a fun and relaxing weekend, it was hard to leave Nicole, but I can look forward to seeing her again at my 30th birthday celebration in Ireland!
Until my trip to the OBX next month, cheers! ♥
For a month and a half, I have enjoyed FOUR-DAY WEEKENDS filled with traveling to see friends, a family reunion, a wedding, and plenty of relaxing. Making the most of my last 4-day weekend, I recently traveled to Buffalo, New York to visit Nicole. The last time I saw Nicole was the day before she left Virginia to move back home one year ago. We've been great at keeping in touch with phone calls, but I was more than ready to see one of my best friends and Barcelona travel partner in person!
Since we both enjoy food, we decided that I might best experience Buffalo through eating! This included an introduction to a Costanzo roll, Weber's mustard, Watson's sponge candy, wings at the Anchor Bar, breakfast at Panos, and coffee at Caffe Aroma. Thankfully we love walking just about as much as we enjoy food, so we strolled around the University at Buffalo (largest school in the SUNY system) and along Elmwood Avenue (known for the cute shops). And, we combined both our interest in food and walking with a successful visit to Wegman's grocery store!! We wanted to make cookies at some point during the weekend, and we found the exact ingredients we were hoping for (and later made some of the tastiest cookies I've ever had). I also found Lindemans for the first time since I was introduced to it a year ago. It says it's a beer, but it tastes nothing like one -- and that's a good thing.

We saved Sunday for a trip to Niagara Falls -- my first visit! Not counting layovers (on Air Canada flights to and from London), this also marked my first visit to Canada. We got wet walking around, riding the Maid of the Mist, and going on the Journey Behind the Falls. And we saw the Falls from above with a trip to the top of the Skylon Tower.

After a fun and relaxing weekend, it was hard to leave Nicole, but I can look forward to seeing her again at my 30th birthday celebration in Ireland!
Until my trip to the OBX next month, cheers! ♥

1 Comments:
I miss you friend! :( And YES, those were some DELICIOUS cookies!! We make good bakers! :)
By
Nicole, at 3:24 PM
Post a Comment
<< Home