It doesn't happen to you, you happen to life

Friday, May 25, 2007

Another quote of the day: "Fiddlesticks!" and "Sugar lumps!" These were both said by an anonymous driver on his way to London from Croydon ;-) Seriously, until last night I thought the only person who said "fiddlesticks" was my mom.

I didn't get up until after 7am today! To celebrate, Robin and I walked to the nearby Starbucks (just off the Thames by Tower Bridge) in our jammies/PJs. Mine were just capris with flowers and my thinkgeek.com "wysiwyg" shirt. I think I got a few weird looks O:-) They were all worth it though because the new Banana Java Chip frap was *superb*. Do they have these back home yet? If not, I'm starting a petition.

After we got back to the flat, Dave, Robin, Katie, and I headed to Baker Street. I really like this station because each tile has a small profile of Sherlock Holmes on it, each row in different colors. It's sad to say, but I've never read a Sherlock Holmes book. Just like Wimbledon though, I was drawn to a name, so the Baker Street venture was my idea. Dave (aka "The Oracle" apparently) found the Sherlock Holmes statue quickly, along with the museum. The museum is actually at the same address on Baker Street as his fictitious address in the books. Along with other tourists, we donned Holmes and Watson's hats and posed for photos O:-) And we couldn't leave Baker Street without a stop at the Beatles and Elvis stores next to the museum.

The guys said they had a surprise for us, and it was the long awaited trip on the Thames Clipper. I walk by the river every day, but I've never been on it, and the ride afforded *great* opportunities to photograph the London Eye from unique angles. I'll have tons of photos to post when I return O:-)

We got off of the clipper at the Globe theatre and there were so many people sitting around, chatting, eating lunch, and simply enjoying the day. From there we walked along the South Bank to Giraffe (one of our other favorite places to eat from last time) and the energy and atmosphere along the walk was perfect. Giraffe also didn't disappoint -- even when the power went out towards the end of lunch. The wait staff was brilliant in covering the mix ups and our meals were *yummy*, especially Katie's blueberry and banana pancakes O:-)

Gosh, this day was just absolutely perfect, honestly. Everything up until this point was fantastic, and it just kept getting better...Kev, Gemma, and I went to the Star Wars Exhibition and looked at Star Wars costumes, concept art, and models for an hour and a half. The two jedi were in geekdom heaven O:-) The details on everything was more than we expected and everyone else looking at the exhibit seemed more geeky than we were ;-)

We met up with the rest of the crew in Covent Garden (where I finally managed to find an HMV to get some movies for Gunther) before heading back to the flat for dinner :-) That's it for now. Tomorrow's our last full day, and we can't believe how quickly the week has flown by.

For now, cheers ♥

3 Comments:

  • GEEK!!!! ;-)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:18 PM  

  • wow... sounds like heaps of fun... look, now I said it too :-P

    I want to see Abbey Road... that would be fun. Remember on TAR when they had to cross that crosswalk? Speaking of which, I loved that this most recent TAR ended in Golden Gate Park, just like that made-up memory from years ago on LJ...

    but I digress. Enjoy the rest of the week :)

    By Blogger math jedi, at 10:41 PM  

  • First off, the term "fiddle sticks" is used in the Usher family all the time - primarily because of my English Grandmother Tyler (Cambridge born and raised).

    As far as the Banana Java Chip frap, doesn't look like it exists in the US yet. Sign me up as the second person on the list to get them over here.

    Dude, my sister in law would be ueber jealous with you going and seeing Sherlock Holmes place and all. Seriously. She's huge fan of Sherlock and Watson.

    By Blogger @binarybrewery, at 10:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home