Diligence pays off!
Searching for and buying airline tickets has been one of the most fun and most challenging parts of international travel. The researcher in me, partnering with the budget traveler, demands that I search all of the airfare sites -- selecting a variety of options and staying as flexible as possible.
About six weeks ago, I found stellar roundtrip rates from Washington, D.C. to London and from London to Stuttgart. I didn't purchase them because I still had a few more things to consider. When I checked two days later, my preferred flight had doubled in price, and the least expensive flight was 50% more than my original flight. *Yikes*
For the last six weeks, I have checked cheaptickets.com (my favorite) 3 times a day -- morning, afternoon, and evening -- because individual flight prices can fluctuate several times in the course of a day. Today, diligence finally paid off! My preferred flight was the cheapest its been in weeks, although still not the steal it was six weeks ago. I called Katie and we both booked the flight.
So what's the plan? The two of us will take an overnight flight to London in May and spend 5 days there. Then, Katie flies back home while I fly to Germany to spend two weeks with Gunther and Elle. Now topping the to-do list: find the perfect roundtrip from London to Stuttgart and pop in my German language CD.
Cheers ♥
Searching for and buying airline tickets has been one of the most fun and most challenging parts of international travel. The researcher in me, partnering with the budget traveler, demands that I search all of the airfare sites -- selecting a variety of options and staying as flexible as possible.
About six weeks ago, I found stellar roundtrip rates from Washington, D.C. to London and from London to Stuttgart. I didn't purchase them because I still had a few more things to consider. When I checked two days later, my preferred flight had doubled in price, and the least expensive flight was 50% more than my original flight. *Yikes*
For the last six weeks, I have checked cheaptickets.com (my favorite) 3 times a day -- morning, afternoon, and evening -- because individual flight prices can fluctuate several times in the course of a day. Today, diligence finally paid off! My preferred flight was the cheapest its been in weeks, although still not the steal it was six weeks ago. I called Katie and we both booked the flight.
So what's the plan? The two of us will take an overnight flight to London in May and spend 5 days there. Then, Katie flies back home while I fly to Germany to spend two weeks with Gunther and Elle. Now topping the to-do list: find the perfect roundtrip from London to Stuttgart and pop in my German language CD.
Cheers ♥

1 Comments:
Hey Heather,
I really can't wait to see you both.
Its not only you counting the days :)
xxxx
By
Unknown, at 4:13 PM
Post a Comment
<< Home