It doesn't happen to you, you happen to life

Friday, December 29, 2006

London, Day 2, 29.12.06

Wicked was spectacular last night!!! After the internet cafe we just wondered around Victoria station a bit until heading into the Apollo Theatre. It was packed and dad graciouslly picked us up a couple of programs while we waited for the show to begin. From the opening number, I was captivated, and at the end of the first act, I was *more* than happy we'd paid the price to see it. All three of us gave it rave reviews, and it didn't take us too long to walk back to the hotel.

This morning we managed to get to breakfast a little earlier -- no lines up the stairs today! When we left, dad bought his morning paper again and we stopped at a local market next door to pick up some apples (and dark chocolate...) for a snack later in the day.

Since we didn't get to see Westminster Abbey yesterday, that was our first stop today, and the queue was already quite long when we arrived around 10am. The inside was very beautiful :-) My favorite room was this one, and even clicking on the smaller image at the top left to enlarge it doesn't do the room justice :-) The coronation chair wasn't as grand as I thought it might be, but what do you expect after hundreds of years ;-) I think we all liked the little museum room where we saw all of the coronation regalia -- replicas of course.

Next we headed off to the London Eye again, as we attemped to purchase tickets online last night, but the computer at the internet cafe malfunctioned. After waiting just briefly, we were able to secure our tickets for tomorrow evening. Hoorah for short queues!

We needed some health food, so dad and I stopped at a nearby EAT (they're practically everywhere) and I was quite pleased with my tuna and veggies! And we were equally pleased to find FREE and CLEAN public toilets near the London Eye O:-)

Then we headed towards Parliament St and toward Downing St, where the Prime Ministers have lived for a while. And of course, the gate was closed for the holidays. Oh well, we headed back in the opposite direction and stumbled upon some fabulous prices for some postcards and photos! Then we journeyed to a nearby Marks and Spencer to look around at the food and clothing. I ended up getting a bag for tonight, as I didn't want to haul my backpack (super Christmas present from my parents) out all the time.

Now we're in the internet cafe, with plans to do some grocery shopping for cheap dinners, before heading back to the hotel to rest a bit before heading out with my friend Kevin and some of his mates. Sounds like a good Friday night to me :-)

Tomorrow we meet Jon and have our flight on the London Eye. Besides that...we'll see what tomorrow brings.

Cheers!

1 Comments:

  • Heather, I am enjoying reading about what you, dad and Katie are doing/seeing. I am too tired to be envious but I miss you guys terribly. Praying for you.

    I love you all.....Mom

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home